Saturday, July 18, 2009

The First Pre-trip Ride - Aikens Update

Well, David and Alice were coming to Port Colborne ON yesterday to see his parents and attend his sister's pig roast today. We decided it would be faster to go through the US so we could avoid Toronto traffic!! All was well, we even got to stop at the Dinosaur BBQ (best BBQ in the WORLD) in Syracuse for lunch! Then..............about a half hour outside Buffalo NY the rain hit, and man did it hit!!!! We had our full weather gear on, including my new gators (thanks Bob and Ron) and neither of us could see a thing. While at customs at the peace bridge it took me so long to get my soaking glove back on after showing the guy my passport I had to tell him I was impersonating OJ Simpson!!
Anyhow, we are here safe and sound, and still totally psyched about meeting up with Blake, Liam and Steve tomorrow in London!!
We'll keep you posted!
Happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment